Free School Meals
Your child may be entitled to Statutory Free School Meals if they are in full-time education (not Nursery) and if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income is below £16,190)
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
To find out if you are eligible and to apply, please follow the link below:
Statutory Free School Meals are different to Universal Free School Meals. Universal Free School Meals are provided to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
The school will receive Pupil Premium monies when your child is in receipt of Statutory Free School Meals (please see Pupil Premium/Sports Premium page on our website). The benefits to your child includes:
- free school meals (menus are shown on our lunch menu page)
- free breakfast club,
- free school trips,
- free milk,
- support with uniform,
- free sport after school clubs
- Kirklees have provided food vouchers during this period of Covid
- opportunities to access small group and 1:1 tuition
- other bespoke provision that your child may require.
Click here to read about Pupil premium funding and the benefits of applying for free school meals.
We have teamed up with the Uniform Exchange to provide second hand good quality uniform to children who are in need of the clothing. Please contact the school office with your requirements.